The process of adding the +1 Button to your post pages finishes within 6 – 7 baby steps as mentioned below.
- Visit the Google +1 Button page.
- Now, in the ‘Create a custom Button‘ section; select the button size you want and also the language from the dropdown.
- Since we are adding the Google +1 Button in WordPress, you don’t need to fill the URL parameters located in the Advanced options. The reason for this is that, WordPress uses Canonical URLs and the Google +1 Button is functioned to get the URL of the page from the canonical field.
- If you want the count to be displayed along side the Google +1 Button then Enable it.
- Now, go to your theme’s Single page file i.e. Generally single.php. and paste this code
just before the closing <body> tag.
- You can also paste that code in the header.php file, but then it’s always good to include scripts at the footer section of your blog.
- Now, paste this short code
where you want the Google +1 Button to be displayed i.e. beside or above your posts.